We are closed for an unknown length of time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Where is the Electriquette Kiosk located?
Our Famous Electriquette Kiosk is located in front of the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center in Balboa Park. The address for the Science Center is: 1875 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101
- Where can I park to get to your kiosk?
Balboa Park offers free parking lots throughout the park and the zoo, with limited street parking on Park Blvd.
- How old do I have to be to drive an Electriquette Cart?
You must be 16 years old or older and have a valid drivers license or picture ID.
- Can we just go anywhere? No, there is a set space where the carts are allowed to be driven. This is mainly the main Prado sidewalks between the Natural History Museum and the Museum of Art. You cannot go to many other areas of the park yet. We are working to expand our route; the city decides where we are allowed to go. If you go off route, you may damage the carts and will be held financially liable. You will be given a map and have the route explained. Most people find the 30 minutes allows them to cover the route and spend some time taking photos.
- How many people fit in a cart? Can I take my kid? Can I take my dog?
Generally, two adults will fit in a cart. Depending on the size of the kids, we have seen two adults and two small children on laps fit safely in a cart, but older children won’t like sitting in laps and two carts might be needed with each adult driving a child. Dogs are allowed in carts, as long as they can be safely controlled. Umbrellas sometimes will not be possible if you are fitting multiple people in a cart. Our staff will help you get seated safely. You may NOT sit on the front wicker area so all people must be able to sit in the provided cushioned chair. Dogs may sit between your feet, if you prefer, but must be controlled and contained.
- Do you offer driving instructions?
Our staff will instruct you on how to drive the Electriquette as well as have you demonstrate before you enjoy your journey.
- What happens if it rains?
Rain may close us down. Please call us to verify we are open if there is rain.
- How fast do the Electriquettes go?
Our Electriquettes are programmed to go 3.5 mph, just like the originals from 1915. They are designed for leisurely viewing of the Prado buildings, not for racing.
- Do I have to reserve the Electriquette online in advance?
We will be adding a reservation system but until it comes, we are on a first come, first served basis. We generally do not have any waiting before 2pm but sometimes in the last hour or two of the day there can be delays.
- What is the cancellation policy?
Once we have a reservation system: All cancellations can be handled over the phone or online. If you decide to cancel your reservation we will credit your account, giving you the option to reschedule for a future date. Right now, there is NO reservations so there are no cancellations.
- Are there gift certificates available?
Yes, we can offer gift certificates.
- Why rent an Electriquette?
Experience Balboa Park like it’s 1915 again. These rental wicker carts offer you a luxurious, comfortable and smooth ride. As you drive down the Prado and take in the historical buildings and your surroundings you will get the feel of history. It is also great for people with mobility issues.
- I am disabled. Is the Electriquette good for me?
If you can transfer yourself into a chair and can steer with one hand, you are able to handle the Electriquette. It is very handy for cruising the Prado, but it can’t go everywhere in the park or inside any buildings, so do consider where you want to go before leaving behind a wheelchair or mobility scooter.
The Electriquette Motor Cart Company will not sell or rent out your registration data or e-mail information to any third party.